How do you know when you need a Professional Interior Designer?
The TV shows make it look so easy, don't they? You have big plans and high hopes for your makeover, but sometimes even the most talented do-it-yourself decorator needs the skills that only a professional interior designer has. A professional interior designer has the education and experience to see your project through to completion. Hiring a professional can be intimidating, but doing the job right the first time is still less expensive than doing it twice!
Here are a few reasons why you should call Peacock Interior Design:
- You don't have an overall plan so your buying is haphazard, you don't know where to start or you are unsure of how to get everything to look like that photo in the magazine.
- You go to the store, but are paralyzed by all the choices.
- You've shopped all of the places you know, and still can't find "just the right things."
- You need an overall vision or plan that you can implement on your own.
- You are building a new house and want help with interior finish specifications.
- You don't want the responsibility of ordering, shipping, coordinating, and installing furnishings.
- You are remodeling a kitchen or bath and need assistance getting all the details right.
- You need help with the technical aspects of interior design like space planning or lighting design.
- You would like to carve out some space for a specialty room - a home office, media room, etc.
- You need some custom designed built-ins, cabinetry, or furniture.
- You don't have experience with the trades to be able to select high-quality, reliable workmen.
- Your Victorian/period style home has specific style needs or you are in a historic preservation zone.
- You are in a commercial space and need to comply with local building codes.
- The two of you can't agree on anything (some designers are great counselors!)
- You have little or no free time to devote to your project.
OK . . . You have decided that you might need professional help after all. Now what? Finding a designer that can work with you, your particular needs and wishes, and your budget is not a simple task, but it is not impossible:
- First, ask friends whose homes you admire. If they are happy with their designer, they should be eager to share their designer's name with you.
- Second, use a professional referral service. There are many reputable ones - try American Society of Interior Designers for a start (www.asid.org).
Interview several designers, look at their portfolios or websites, ask questions and ask for references. A professional designer will want to have a contract so that the terms of the arrangement are understood and agreed to before work begins. This protects you as well - it is not a step to be feared or overlooked.
A professional interior designer is an important part of the success of your project. Treat a designer with respect, keep communications open and clear, and you will reap benefits worth much more than the dollars spent.
Have fun, and enjoy the experience.
Peacock Interior Design
303 718-6824 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2018. Peacock Interior Design. All rights reserved.